Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all workshops, half and one day photography courses and vouchers. This forms the basis of your contract with Stuart Low Photography
Terms & Conditions of booking
1. Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of £100 per person for 2 day and weekend workshops or £200 for 4-5 day workshops is required at the time of booking. Deposits should be paid by ecommerce transfer (paypal), by cheque or by bank transfer. Confirmation of your place and booking will be sent by email. The balance is due six weeks before the course start date. Note: Should final balance(s) not be received by the specified date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as a cancellation unless prior arrangement has been agreed.
2. Late Bookings: All bookings within six weeks of the course start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
3. Half day, one day courses and vouchers: Payment should be made in full at the time of booking. All half and one day courses take place on week days only. Vouchers are valid for a period of one year from date of purchase and are applicable to week days only. Minimum 2 weeks notice is required to book a place that has been purchased by voucher. Vouchers are non refundable (see 6 for cancellations).
4. Protection: All attendees booking with Stuart Low Photography are fully protected in terms of deposit and balance of monies paid to Stuart Low Photography under “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992”.
5. Minimum Conditions of Operation: Courses and workshops only operate with a minimum of 3 photographers for half/one day packages and 4 photographers for weekend/4-5 day courses. In the event that your course is cancelled by Stuart Low Photography for whatever reason, other than non-payment of balance your deposit and balance shall be refunded* in full. Liability is limited to the monies you have paid us only. * Does not apply to vouchers.
i) Courses/Workshops – If you cancel your booking more than six weeks prior to the start date of your course, any monies minus your deposit shall be refunded. If you cancel your booking between six and three weeks prior to the course commencement, a 50% refund shall apply minus your deposit. Cancellations 3 weeks and less prior your course date are not refundable, however if your place is successfully re-let, a refund of monies paid minus deposit shall be made.
ii) Vouchers – should not be confused with scheduled courses. Vouchers are valid for a period of 1 year only. Vouchers may only be cancelled within 28 days of the date of purchase and are subject to a 10% cancellation fee. After the 28 day period has elapsed, vouchers are not refundable and may not be cancelled as they are valid for a period of one year – therefore ample time to book a place. In the event that a voucher has not been used within one year from date of purchase, the voucher is expired and no refund is applicable. In the event that a voucher has not been used due to any reasonable cause, the voucher owner must notify Stuart Low Photography within 1 month of the expiry date. At the discretion of Stuart Low Photography, an extension period of up to a maximum of 3 months may be offered. If the voucher is not redeemed after that extension, the voucher becomes null & void, No further extension or refund will be offered. Note: It is the responsibility of the voucher owner to enquire of available times and book a place on a suitable course before the expiry date. A minimum of 4 weeks notice is required for voucher bookings.
7. Notifying a cancellation: Cancellations must be made in writing. Written cancellations must be sent by registered post to establish a cancellation date. Emal cancellations are not acceptable due to the possibility of spam filter blocking, however cancellations may be made via social media accounts, Paypal etc.
8. Booking Transfers: Transfers are not permitted between participants or to another course.
9. Itinerary Changes: Due to the nature of photography workshops and tours, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. This may be due to extreme weather conditions or altered circumstances such as inaccessible routes, roads etc. Alternative arrangements will be made as required but refunds will not be given for areas, portions or services that are not utilised as a result of such alternative arrangements.
10. Insurance (Personal): Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the trips and courses are as safe as possible, it is a fundamental condition of booking that you accept the potential hazards involved in visiting remote locations. All customers are responsible for arranging their own insurance and ensuring they are fully insured for the entire duration or the course. Insurance should cover medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. All customers must produce evidence of insurance at least 7 days prior to the start date of the course. Cancellation and curtailment whilst not mandatory, is an advisable part of your insurance policy.
11. Insurance (Possessions) It is strongly advised that you provide insurance for loss of or damage to camera equipment, baggage and personal possessions. Camera equipment, personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. Please note: Computer equipment such as laptops, tablets etc’, are not permitted at any outdoor workshop.
12. Loan equipment: In the event any equipment is loaned to you, you accept liability and agree to pay for any loss and/or damage caused whilst in your possession during the course.
13. Losses: Stuart Low Photography does not accept liability or responsibility for any loss of camera equipment, personal possessions or valuables during any half day, none day, weekend or 4-5 day workshop.
14. Liability: Stuart Low Photography does not accept liability for bodily injury, illness or death unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of any employee of Stuart Low Photography whilst acting in the course of their employment. Stuart Low Photography cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, travel (including flights, trains public transport) delays or alterations, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
15. The Workshops: Whilst every effort is made to ensure your safety and well-being, workshops may and frequently do involve travel in remote locations where medical, refreshment, toilet facilities are not readily accessible and/or available. Bookings are accepted on the basis and understanding that you appreciate any potential risks and hazards. Stuart Low Photography will not accept responsibility for any accidents, injuries, carelessness, negligence, lack of fitness, punctuality or disruption caused by the customer.
16. Copyright, Intellectual & Moral Rights: All materials, concepts and tuition methods provided are copyright, intellectual and moral property of Stuart Low and may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
17. Images captured at group workshops: Images captured at photography workshops are copyright you, the photographer and you may use/sell them for “personal” purposes only. You may not use images captured at workshops for any commercial purpose or entry to photographic competitions. You understand and agree that you achieve your images under instruction and guidance, and you may not label them as “original works” and/or claim intellectual property, or use them in such a way to promote services or mislead the general public.
18. Commercial image libraries: You understand and agree not to upload and/or sell images taken at workshops through any commercial image libraries – e.g. Alamy, Getty Images, Red Bubble or equivalent libraries.
19. Disabilities, Medical Conditions: Whilst we welcome all photographers on workshops, if you have a disability or medical condition, please provide full details at the time of booking so we can provide advice on suitability for the chosen workshop or course.
20. Age Restriction: All customers must be over 18 years old.
21. Complaints & Disputes: Complaints must be made in writing and received within 14 days of the end of the workshop or course. In the unlikely event of any disputes, the Law of Scotland shall apply. Disputes that cannot be resolved between parties within 8 weeks of written intimation, both parties shall attempt to resolve the dispute by mediation. Mediators shall be appointed by the Law Society of Scotland. If unsuccessful, jurisdiction shall be at the Sheriff Court, Edinburgh Scotland.
22. By submitting the booking form on this website, you are agreeing to the acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
23. Third party persons submitting the form on behalf of the customer and/or group bookings does so on behalf of all other individuals included on the booking. All individuals are therefore bound by the terms and conditions of booking above.